Sunday, May 18, 2008

18 May, 2008 Lots of flying stuff today





More flying stuff... at the end of today, I really did not have any photos!

Per-chik-o-ree (according to my bird book). My bowling buddy Theresa emailed these photos of American Goldfinches. What good timing! She lives down thar in booger county, way out thar somewhar in tha wooods. I guess you have to live thar in tha wooods to see these yaller birdies, ain't seen none flyin' 'round heeyar.




Mowed around the runway this afternoon, and came home as grubby as the mower. Grass & weeds were flying all over the place. Wind was blowing. (NO!).




Wildflowers, (maybe daisies?), bobbing in the breeze, as the sun was setting. I was waiting to fuel an airplane that didn't show up. That's nothing new.


So, taxi to position and hold; check: cleared to active runway 26; check: check props; check: throttle up; check: get out of the way; check:

Well, John wanted more flying stuff, so there ya have it!

Posted by G'ma Airplane

1 comment:

Fonda said...

Mowing sounds fun. That's also my project in the next couple of days. And we wanted spring to be here! Oh well, so it goes. Those yellow birds are very pretty. So I don't see any LUV coming from those other readers who requested "more flying stuff".
Come on guys, give it up!