Wednesday, July 30, 2008

30 July, 2008 -- Day 100 of 335asthecrowflies





I had to start posting on my laptop back in June, as the pc was flaky, and I picked up on day 67 or so, (I think). So I think this is day 100 of the 365 that I'm required to take a photo. I think I can make it all the way!


Today, the strangest sight taxied up to the fuel pump... it was so tall, and the pilot was so tall, even he had to stretch to reach the tanks. The amphibian Scout, and the Mooney pilots, had to dodge rain showers north of here on their way to Oshkosh. Both from Texas.



Tonight the pop-up storms started south of here, then another hit square on after dark, rained and rumbled. Welcome rain!

That lightning bolt looks like it hit right on our house! But it's farther away, probably out by Jan's house east of town.

3 comments:

Ma said...

Had the white balance set wrong, so the airplane pics were very blue. Had to Lightroom them.

Fonda said...

How the hell do you get such good lightning shots. We had a storm a while back and I took about 200 pics and got nuthin!!! waa.
You got some nice ones!
That scout looks like a fish out of water...

Ma said...

I cheat. I used the movie clip, then captured a frame in Windows Movie Maker, or snip-it. Or for those of you in the dark ages of XP, capture it with full shot. Otherwise, I shoot 200 pictures and never get anything, except in the dead of night, then use time exposure until a bolt flashes.