Monday, July 28, 2008

28 July, 2008 .. Happy Birthday, Ty





Tyler, our US Marine, is somewhere out there on a ship, helping keep America free! He's 21 today, only where he is, he's already 21 and 2/365ths (as Cam would say).

I don't have a picture handy, but I do have his MOTHER's picture from 1963. Ty and his mother are so handsome, don't you think? AnnDee, in Denver, at a Newhouse family reunion. What a CHICK!




More traffic for Oshkosh. We had our own airshow here at 1MO, with Snoopy as lead-off performer, dust and all. Top shelf stuff!


Grant, I found your high school graduation pictures, just north of the glueboard, but on the second shelf instead of on the floor. Maybe I'll get them scanned for your 30th class reunion in 2018.

This is the best windsock, Juanita brought it back from Alaska. Ain't this exciting? 1MO, cleared to depart!

3 comments:

Fonda said...

Hmmm, I left a comment on here yesterday but it doesn't seem to be here now...
Happy Birthday Tyler!! Isn't AnnDee so sweet, when I saw the subject then the pic I thought "that's not Ty, that's AnnDee (I think)" !
Jungle attack cat!

Ma said...

Carolyn corrected me, AnnDee's photo would be 1961 or 1962. I graduated high school in 1961, then went to DU that fall. Folks moved to Denver in 1962, I think. The family reunion was probably at Lakeside, big park in Denver.

Ma said...

Boelter's is the campground at Oshkosh where I would pitch my little tent. Sigh, can't go this year. This is moonwriting, each letter is a time exposure, tracing the letter with the moon as the light source. Can't see what you're doing, so every letter is an experiment. Then they are Photoshopped into one picture.