Friday, June 27, 2008

27 June 2008 Textures

I'm still in Sasnak... Oh, that's Kansas. Wind and rain this morning. Delivered 25 cds to my customer here in Pittsburg.

American Legion post and memorial.

This is coal country. The coal trains just go on forever.

I watched an elderly lady shuffling around at an intersection with a stalled coal train, obviously needing to cross the tracks to her house. So I gave Beulah a ride over the overpass about 4 blocks down the street, then around a city park, to her house just on the other side of the tracks, which made the trip nearly a mile. She had been waiting about a half hour, and it was hot, so
she was happy to get home.

I found this old locomotive in that city park.

Textures.

I saw these textures in some old buildings, a cobblestone street, and brick sidewalk.


What do you think of this texture?

Grant, here are a few candidates for your auto fleet. (At least one of them appears to be functional). Shall I bid?

G'ma Airplane, you're welcome

4 comments:

Fonda said...

Nice textures. Glad I'm not the only one that takes pics of those! Kansas looks SO exciting, wish I was there-NOT. LAD liked the train pics but wanted them to MOVE. What the hell did they attach to that giant chain, was this ocean front property at one time! Or maybe that's just the local horse tying post!

Fonda said...

I think you should bid on the first truck, Kelly would look RAD driving that around!!!

Ma said...

I think those chains connected rr cars, like safety chains. At the firehouse, I don't know. It must be just a collectible.

Ralph would look good in that red Dodge, eh? Of course, the first truck has a steel flatbed, so Grant could haul stuff. Or build a camper. So Kelly could use the second truck. It's economical, as it is lighter weight and only has a gas tank, and no cargo capacity.

Ma said...

Or, ..... how about that tank?