Thursday, June 12, 2008

12 June, 2008 Neighbors

Mowed around the garage today, should have done it weeks ago. Raked it up and tossed it to the neighbors. They nibbled it some, then shrugged, and went on their way, nudging each other and nibbling their own yard.

So I went to the airport, checked in on the babies, and saw the parents standing guard on the power lines. (When I looked at the photo later, I spotted a helicopter! Well, not really, it's a dragonfly.) Front baby allowed me to gently spread out one wing for a picture. There's just a little bit of fuzz left now, mostly feathers. Gonna fly soon.




Lloyd took delivery of a load of liquid fertilizer today, spent another dollar. Nice truck.



Back at home, there's a tiny white flower on my potted pantry potatoes. They were sprouting in the bag, so I tossed them out last month.

Now, what's that white stuff down there at the pond? Off I go through the blackberries & waist-high grass to check it out, found a yucca growing on the pond bank, near the gopher hole.



Nice clear skies today, peak wind gust 30 mph, looks like rain late tonight. Iowa's clear, how about that?


G'ma Airplane, dusty & crusty again

No comments: