Wednesday, June 11, 2008

10 June, 2008 Flying today


"I'll meet you in Boonville at 9 a.m." "OK, I'll be there."

7:00 a.m., FOG.

Briefer said it would be IFR until 11:00 a.m. Departed Mtn. Grove at 10:45.



Landed at Boonville, picked up the agronomist, took photos along the Missouri River, landed at Higginsville, traded the Cherokee for a larger model.


Well, after pricing their fuel, decided not to trade after all. U-pump price $5.39 per gallon. I don't think so. Flew back to Boonville and got a better deal at $4.46, and there are real people
there to help.

By the way, Dan said "Hi, Randy".



After tucking the Cherokee back in the hangar at 4:00 p.m., I checked my flower garden and found a few sprouts that aren't weeds! Maybe I'll get marigolds and zinnias after all.


Out the back door, I see the fescue has been mowed today. Roy's been busy. Make hay while the sun (and half moon) shines!



After clear skies all day, there appears a large cloud bank in the west, just in time for a colorful sunset.

G'ma Airplane, 5 hours logged


Footnote: I WON !!! Operation Kaerat Ant War (kitchen ant
ERAdication trick), started 25 April, haven't seen an ant for three
days. Supposed to take a couple of weeks, it took seven weeks and a
whole bottle of bait and three glue boards. Now I don't have a hobby any more.

No comments: