Sunday, May 11, 2008

10 May, 2008 Nest empty, nest full




Posted by Picasa
The robin babies left the nest on their solo flights today.

When I checked on the birdies, two were already gone, and I startled the third one that busted out of the nest and flew off into the woods, like a pro flier. The fourth baby robin hunkered for a few more hours, and then was gone when I checked later in the afternoon. The parents squawked all afternoon. When it got quiet out back, I figured number four had soloed.



LAD came back from Arkansas with Aunt Susanne and Oma Bruni, and landed in Mommy's nestling arms, happy happy happy.



Aunt Sus is the wardrobe designer to LAD.
Life's Good When You've Got An Aunt Like Mine!

Mid-day, Lloyd & Larry hitched up their wagon train and headed up to Booneville, on the Missouri River, about 4 hours away. Randy will fly the Ag Husky up there on Monday when the rain quits, and they will assist another ag operator.





Pilot gets left behind.





Pilot working. Well ...

Robin babies solo, LAD lands in Mommy's lap, pilot gets left behind, wind's blowing again, rain rain...



2 comments:

Fonda said...

Bet the Mamma Robin is lonely, but maybe she's out squawking at her babies, herding them around the forest somewhere. I think that pic of LAD and I might be one of my favs, even if it is blurry thru the screen door. Thanks MA for being quick on the draw.

Ma said...

Yeah, it's my favorite, too. Soft focus through the plastic window makes it warm-fuzzy cuddly.