Tuesday, April 7, 2009

7 April, 2009 -- Roofing crew arrives

BBBRRRRRRRaaaPPP - now that drove me outside! Suddenly the yard was full of construction guys. This guy was cutting off the remaining overhang, preparing for the new roof.
They didn't bring enough crew... I volunteered to stand around and lean on the shovel.

Now THAT is going to be a ROOF. And a carport.
And an overhang for the front door so it won't drip on ya trying to get the key in the lock.


Hmmm... tractor, post hole digger... Hey, about those little holes for blueberries I was digging....
Yes, they dug 6 neat holes for me, out in front by the three blueberry bushes.
It's still too cold to plant the new bushes. But soon...

Eureka! The lawn mower started, only took 6 pulls. I battled the blackberries and multiflora rose bushes and creeping sprouts on the pond bank this afternoon. Hey, now there's a path all around the pond. Let's go fishin'.

2 comments:

Fonda said...

That's gonna be some roof! And a carport! Just one? Whoo-Hoo!

Ma said...

I think it will hold a couple of cars. Might have to move the sat. dish. It will be 40 feet long, that's half the length of the trailer. Lloyd even mentioned a hot tub...