Tuesday, August 19, 2008

19 Aug., 2008 -- In training, maybe raining



Don made a mistake today. He sat in Lloyd's chair, he let Smudge move in, he answered the phone, and he let Briggs hassle Smudge. That make him Airport Manager in Training.

All four cats went hunting today, had to split one mouse among them. Smudge won. Briggs chased Bitty, and overheated. Squeaky sneaky went on home. Sounds like a kid's ditty.


Fonda reported that LAD has a backyard playground, that only takes 10 hours to assemble. We'll await a report on that! I Wordled her text. Could spend 10 hours on variations.




Supposed to rain tomorrow, Thursday and Friday. It's pushing 90 again, maybe the rain will keep it cool as it's been all week. This ain't really August, folks.


Something always comes up at the end of the day.

BUHDUSBMANIA


BackUpHardDriveUniversalSerialBusMania

backup backup backup, lest you lose your stuff. I have 9 hard drives (2 that you can't see, on the desk) to backup all this nonsense. Each one has a transformer plugged into the electricity, and a cable that will plug into most modern computers. (I have 3 computers that aren't that modern). Remember when you only had one computer? Of course, they're not "on" all the time. I try to keep each cable labeled. I try.

I remember when I got my first cd drive. "Now, what do I do?" And I only had one cd. Now I have a thousand cds, and "Now, what do I do?"

Egad, file the negatives in a shoebox, put the pictures in a photo album, and ... Now it's "scan all the film in that shoebox". Ok, 50 years of film, how long will that take... As long as it takes.

Hey, this is history, these are our kids. Someday, somebody will ask, "who from our family was from Russia?"

Oh, another story!

2 comments:

Fonda said...

Looks like Don can handle the pressure! Our cats are too lazy to hunt. Zoe stalks, but I don't know that she ever chases, for very far anyway! You can send some, not much, but a little, rain up north, we could use a sprinkle. E-GAD the hard drives. Did you know you can buy 1 Terabyte drives now, I'm sure they make even larger ones, but probably not "off the shelf".

Fonda said...

oh, the playground was a 16 HOUR INSTALLATION when i got to looking in the book. YIKES!!! I'll post pics soon, still in camera.