Saturday, July 25, 2009

25 July, 2009 -- Katydid didn't, but the kitties did... ow ow ow ow

Ow, ow ow ow owwwww ow


Raining this morning, so the kitties were milling around in the hangar. I had been tormenting Briggs by tickling his belly, he had been swatting back at me. Then he spotted black Bitty, and he abandoned me to give her a couple of swipes, bap slap smack... and the war was ON!

Foraging for tomatoes and green beans for my supper, I spotted this tomato plant that has been chewed. I know the katydid didn't do it. I'll find the tobacco hornworm in the morning, maybe.
And, it isn't a katydid, it's a praying mantis. But the "mantis didn't do it, but the kitties did" doesn't make as good a headline.

Went across the road to feed Roy's kitties while they (Roy & Loretta, not the kitties) are in OK, and this flower got in my way, so I shot it.

No comments: