Monday, December 22, 2008

22 Dec., 2008 -- Growls, purrs, whistles

Had the muffler on the VW fixed today. Now it purrs, instead of growls like a hot rod. Blew about half of it off on the way up here Saturday. I was worried the cops would chase me down for being a nuisance. Huh, imagine that, me- a nuisance!


Invaders on the seventh floor windowsill! There was a big bunch of them cavorting in the canyons of the hosp. I assume they were whistling! I saw activity out the window, and was somewhat startled, being on the seventh floor. Nope, not a helicopter.

Starlings: All the European Starlings in North America descended from 100 birds released in New York's Central Park in the early 1890s. A group dedicated to introducing America to all the birds mentioned in Shakespeare's works set the birds free. www.birds.cornell.edu Thanks a lot, Willie.

One of these days, I will get out and do some creative picture-taking in Springfield. Maybe it will snow.

No comments: