Tuesday, October 14, 2008

14 Oct., 2008 - Challenge from Jan



Spent the day lab-hopping in Springfield today. Jan set up a challenge, so look out! That's me, uh-huh, yep... You'll be sorry, Jan.


After dense fog this morning, it sprinkled this afternoon on the way home.


Zinnias have made a comeback, but the dahlias have withered in the cool nights. No frost yet, but it will come soon, as Oct. 15 is the average date, I think.

Oops, yesterday I didn't have all the facts. Here's the rest of Scott's story:

"One minor correction -- I deployed to Vietnam 4 times. From 1967 thru 1973 I spent at
least 3 months of every year in the combat zone. At least we got a tax break. Officers
got the first $500 each month tax free. Though it seemed like I was gone a lot in those
days, I think the soldiers and marines today are paying a far greater cost for our country
in Iraq. My deployments were 6 months (cut short by an unscheduled night landing in the
Gulf of Tonkin), 7 months (cut short by an unscheduled blowout of a disc in my back and
surgery), 11 months in country with the Army (I volunteered while on "shore duty"
as it was only scheduled to last 6 weeks to develop a new weapons system -- NEVER
VOLUNTEER), and 8 months as we fired the last shots at the official end of the war in Feb
1973 and then into Hanoi and Hai Phong harbor to do mine sweeping as a condition to
getting our POWs out -- (McCain, I accept your thank you)."

4 comments:

Whitehills said...

Can't wait to see where you go with this. Jan

Fonda said...

So what gives? What's the challenge? Huh Huh Huh???

Ma said...

You'll just have to wait, hee hee hee.
Love the new banner! How appropriate to the recent eagle story. I've been intending to explore something new, so you beat me to it.

Fonda said...

sooooooo, what's up with this anyhow??????????