Saturday, September 13, 2008

12 Sept., 2008 -- Something always comes along...

Just when I think I won't have a photograph for the day, something usually triggers that dreaded AD-OS syndrome (Attention Deficit - Oooh, Shiny).



The untrimmed roadsides are full of yellow wild daisies, or little sunflowers, or whatever they are. And the bugs are working the flowers, fighting the wind. The bug book says they are Pennsylvania Leather-Wing beetles. The larva eat grasshopper eggs, and Corn Earworm caterpillars. (I guess you noticed there are two bugs there, not counting the one at the top trying to get into the picture).

Spotted a couple of friends on the square doing advance prep for a portrait photo shoot. They didn't see me spying on them for a few minutes.








Took out the hard drive, ran scandisk on it from another computer, found no errors, reinstalled it, and it's been running Flight Simulator without hiccups just fine all day. I didn't beat on it, nor feed it chicken soup. No broken legs found. Huh. I hope it runs again tomorrow when I put it back in the simulator with the yoke and rudder pedals attached. (This is a follow-up from yesterday's post).



My beach treasures from last year's Thanksgiving trip to Corpus Christi were still wet from a little shower we had this afternoon. The shells and driftwood are still sitting on the deck in their little dish.


Clouds are encroaching ahead of Hurricane Ike. I'll bet we won't see the full moon in the next couple of days.



No comments: