Thursday, September 11, 2008

11 Sept., 2008 -- Rain again, this time it's Ike



Computer in our mobile Flight Simulator needed attention, so I drove to Willow Springs this afternoon. Took me a few minutes to find the breaker box to turn on the lights in the EAA hangar, then I spent about an hour fighting with the hard drive. I lost.
Brought the computer home, the beatings will commence! (By the way, FAT doesn't mean fat, it means file allocation table, whatever that means. I only know that the hard drive has the hiccups, or a broken leg, or needs chicken soup.)


The rain got more serious on the way home to Mtn. Grove. Tonight there were tornado warnings near Willow Springs and Gainesville, but no damage reported anywhere so far. Hurricane Ike is forecast to dump about 11 inches of rain on this area. It's a huge system, so it might happen.

No comments: