Tuesday, August 12, 2008

12 Aug, 2008 -- Eureka! (No, not the vacuum)








How marvelous! I can take a photo from the airplane, Lightroom will take the latitude longitude information from the digital photo, and lay that photo right on the google earth map. It only took me a week to figure it out. Now, what to do with it... The professor's computer geek Vicky in
Rolla is as delighted as I am. I sent her about 1,600 photos thereabouts, of Missouri and Iowa. I'm done, she's just beginning. This will actually rotate Google Earth to match the direction of the photo, which was southbound. Unbelievable.

Oh, by the way, that's Grant, Iowa.



And, Fonda, I have invented the dual monitor setup. Where's my Nobel prize? Egad, where have I been hiding? Lightroom, Google Maps, Google Earth, Photoshop, all on the same screen. Not any mooorre!




Well, Smudge had to have his Pringles this morning, then some lap time. Biggest feet on the planet! Now, here's Bitty Dainty Feet War Kitten...



Briggs brought Bitty a present today, and she lost it in the hangar somewhere.






3 comments:

Fonda said...

You are such a nerd, behind the times, but still a nerd. You need a bigger monitor too! I have 2 at work and 2 at home, and sometimes wished I had 3. Did you see Lightroom v2 is now available? Want it? There's pretty cool what it will do! And who eats Pringles for breakfast!

Ma said...

I have lightroom 2 beta.

Pringles for breakfast, doesn't everybody? That's all I could find except Milky Way and Reese's, or crackers. Smudge got some more this morning, too.

Ma said...

What do you mean, behind the time? I'm way ahead of you! (Except for the monitors).