Wednesday, July 16, 2008

15 July, 2008 .. Happy Birthday, Fonda!



Fonda, I hear you got black balloons at work this morning! You're 2 and a half, same age as LAD. This was way back in the 70's.



Look out, obstruction on runway!! Abort!! Oh, it's only a potato. What, another potato picture??? Well, I didn't want to run short on photos like I did yesterday.

So, many bees are working the butterfly weed, still no butterfiles.


I found these tiny scrapes where the mud-daubers have harvested the wet clay for their mud nests. No, it isn't snow, but sevin dust. It will reduce the population of those pesky, messy nuisance wasps, eventually.

I dismantled and boxed up Lloyd's gps unit to send to the manufacturer for testing, then Randy will have it installed in his Ag Husky. That is, if Briggs will let it go.



No animals were injured in the making of this movie. Really. Lazy Briggs just put out his paw and laid it on top of the toadie, and I rescued it for relocation.

The box turtle found a lizard (already immobile) and I couldn't keep up with it to get a picture! It was trying to get away from me, kept circling, and I started laughing. What, can't keep up with a turtle?


I semi-repaired the lawn tractor wheel, shimmed it up with a bunch of washers. It worked long enough to get some mowed at home just before sundown.

There's Luke's deflated soccer ball, still out there since the July 4th fireworks. Notice the duct tape. First time on the planet that duct tape didn't work!





Well, blow me down!


G'ma Airplane

3 comments:

Ma said...

The duct tape's white, that's why you can't see it.

Fonda said...

Poor unsuspecting toad. He's cute.

Ma said...

Yes, SIR. Here's your helmet, SIR.
These guys are so amazing, they do stuff you see in the movies, only they do it for REAL. And we get to pump their gas. For REAL. I'd do it for free.