Thursday, August 28, 2008

28 Aug., 2008 -- Way to go, SammieJ!

Granddaughter Samantha (7th grade) wrote to me today. She says:


i entered a poem contest that i saw in a magazine. i sent them three of my best poems and this one is getting published!!!!!!!


Summer




Swimming pools

Hot days

Cool drinks

Sun's rays.



Sleeping in

School's out

Summer party

Run about.



Play outside

Calling friends

Hanging out

Never ends.



Barking dogs

Four-leaf clover

Having fun?

Summer's over.

5 comments:

Ma said...

Congratulations, Samantha! Let's see some more of your poems.

I tried editing the html, but couldn't get the line spacing to make little paragraphs the way you wrote it.
Anyway, keep writing, it's fun!

Fonda said...

WhhhooooHOOOO. A very nice poem Samantha. You have more? Congrats!!!

Fonda said...

I think I fixed the spacing. You have to add
where you want the space.

Fonda said...

You have to add br for break between the less than sign and greater than sign to get the spaces. If I actually type that here, it disappears!!!

Ma said...

Sorry, Sammie... 7th grade, not 6th. Love you.