Tuesday, July 8, 2008

8 July, 2008 ... Long day, rain rain

Started the day checking weather at 4:30 a.m. (yes, ME at 4:30 in the morning). By 6, I had decided that blossoming rain showers would prevent any flying today, so I would have to drive the van to Marshall for the guys, tow the vw, then drive it back home towing the dolly. First, Jody installed new spark plug wires on the vw, rendering it functional again on all 4 cylinders instead of 3. putt putt.

Ben rounded up Don so they could watch the airport all day. They put 16 gallons of jet-a in an Air Evac helicopter. Big day.

Rained rained rained. Big cell came from Kansas City and hit Marshall about the time I had to start for home. The driver side window was open on the vw while we were rolling the awnings up on the motor home, and the rain was so horizontal that the inside of the window on the
passenger side was wet! As were both seats. As was my seat and backside all the way home. I had to stop about an hour out of Marshall and get gas, and boy did I look funny. But, what can you do... laugh about it.

Big thunderheads all around Mtn. Grove when I got home, but no rain this afternoon. Tomorrow will be rainy, I'll bet.

G'ma Airplane, dried out

No comments: