Sunday, May 25, 2008

24 May, 2008 Rain, rain...








Rain, rain... poured rain. Frog croaker. Briggs - I want out, I want
out! Well, go ahead, go out. Well, I dunno. Rained about an inch, big whoop.

Ok, so Briggs and Bitty terrorized the hangar for an hour. I shot
video of them trashing Lloyd's desk, paper magazines, bugs, lizard,
thud, thump, crash.






Squeaky tried to nibble out of the little dish in the office. Her son Briggs edged her out. She tried to push his head out of the way. Briggs growled at her and kept eating. There's a 10 pound bag of the same stuff just outside the door. How long do cats remember their offspring, or their parents? Day or two?




Lightning crashing, mostly cloud to cloud, but I videoed (is that a word? Spell checker doesn't know what to do with it.) the sky, just hoping for a spectacular bolt, but instead recorded a thunder boomer and a loud pop inside the hangar. Checked the phones out, and found the surge protector had saved the phone from disaster. Here's a look at the inside of the surge protector. I don't have a clue. I just know how to take stuff apart.


Whoooooo, me? I turned on the super night mode on the video camera, which emits an invisible (to human eyes) infrared beam (or something) to light up the deep dark corners of the world, and it illuminated Smudge's cat eyes. He's just lurking out of range of Briggs & Bitty's hyperactivity. This would be great to use on Halloween night.



Whoa, Nellie! There's traffic on the taxiway! Look out, speedy on the move! Notice the crack in the shell, this dude's been roaming the airport for years. He doesn't know us, but we know him. Or her. Lloyd could tell you, he's been feeding cat food to them for years. I've been looking for the flat shelled one that hides under the doorstep. This is the first terrapin I've seen this year at the airport.


Temp 68, dew point 66. Fog out there now, almost midnight, my usual wide awake time. Humidity about 95 percent. There's going to be fog in the morning. Maybe I'll sleep in until 7.


G'ma Airplane

I just realized I haven't flown in three (make that two) weeks, since 12 May. Come on, Fonda, let's get back in the AIR!

1 comment:

Fonda said...

spazz cats! I don't think I've ever seen a box turtle out and about up here. They're here, but I just never see them like in MO. We had rain last night too, probably same band of stuff. Cool here. No flying here, too windy!!!