Monday, April 28, 2008

Fwd: 365 project, 27 April, 2008

>
>Subject: 365 project, 27 April, 2008
>
>Today started out great... I slept in, the boys went to the airport
>and started their spraying runs, and by the time I got there, Lloyd
>had made three trips already. Randy got in a couple of trips, and
>they finished almost all of the jobs. The wind came up, and the
>temperature came down, and by sunset it was cool, about 40 degrees.
>Sprinkled off & on all day, and was just borderline miserable.
>Winter jackets again.
>
>Jerry flew in with a student in the Super Decathlon, and the boys
>worked on his wheel. Funny to see Lloyd as the "go-fer" and Randy
>doing the work. "Hey, get me a beer while you're getting me that
>wrench... " Yeah, right.
>
>While Jerry taxied out for takeoff, Smudge led me down the ramp to
>the runway lights, and sure enough, he led me right to a mouse nest.
>Quick as a flash, he had that mouse, and her babies, and had himself
>a candy treat. I didn't want to get too graphic in the photo, but
>you can see little pink legs. Aren't you sorry that you invited me
>to participate in this photo-a-day project?
>
>We gathered up all four cats and put them in the hangar for the
>night, the daily procedure. We can't let them run outside at night,
>because that would draw in the coyotes, or even a bobcat. I headed
>for the house to fry up steak for supper, and got distracted by the
>sunset. Still have a few ants, but the cold weather has sent most of
>them back to the nest. I'm guessing they'll be back tomorrow for
>another dose. And the cold weather drove in another mouse who
>perished in the trap I keep set in the corner by the oven door. It's
>out of the way, so it poses no threat to bare toes unless you move
>the trash can and magazine basket. When LAD comes to visit, it will
>be removed, of course. I stepped over the magazine mess that
>decorates my office floor and used that photo to close today's
>story. Well, no housekeeping got done today (big surprise, huh?).
>
>Love ya,
>Ma

1 comment:

Fonda said...

Housekeeping? What's that? Nice sunsets!